Content Canada is owned and operated by C21 Media Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 3397455 and registered office at 2nd Floor, 148-150 Curtain Road, London EC2A 3AT.
Any references to “we”, “us”, “our” or “Content Canada”, are references to C21 Media Limited.
We may make changes to this policy occasionally, by updating this page. You should check this page regularly to ensure that you are happy with the policy and any changes that may have been made. Any changes that may be made to this policy will in no way contravene our guarantee of confidentiality.
You may withdraw consent at any time by emailing [email protected], or by post to C21 Media Ltd, 148-150 Curtain Road, London, EC2A 3AT. We will respond to your request within two working days from receipt.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit and number of page views);
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including your name, email address, job title, company, postal address, telephone, fax number, website address, interests and any other information you add to your profile);
- personal information comprised in any photo or other image you upload to the website;
- information about your use of our website services, including information about: searches that you conduct, playlists that you create and send, notes that you make, contacts and contact requests that you make, videos that you view, requests that you make to view locked videos, questions that you submit, votes that you cast, meetings that you book and materials that you download; and
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
The legal basis on which we collect your personal information
We collect and processes your personal information on the basis of three different legal grounds, depending on the nature of the personal data being provided and the type of processing involved. More information is provided on this here.
- Performance of a contract. Most of the personal data processed is performed on the basis that it is necessary for the performance of our agreement with you, or in order to take steps at the request of the user prior to entering such an agreement. An example of this would be where you register for a ticket to our annual Content Canada conference.
- Legitimate interest. A second ground relied upon for other types of processing of your personal data is that it is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us. Such legitimate interests will include where we send you marketing about our products and services, where we believe you have a reasonable expectation that we will process your data in a business context or where such processing is strictly necessary for fraud detection and prevention. An example of this would be where you register for our conference and we send you additional information about the Canadian market. We will only rely on such a ground where an assessment has been performed balancing the interests and rights involved and the necessity of the processing in order to provide our services, products and features to you.
- Compliance with a legal obligation. A third ground relied upon for certain types of processing is that it is necessary in order to allow us to comply with a legal obligation. An example of this would be where we are required to retain business records for fixed periods of time in order to comply with local legal requirements.
Using your personal information
In addition, we may use your personal information to:
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user; and
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
We send cookies which may be stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. We may use the information we obtain from the cookies in the administration of this website, to improve the website’s usability and for marketing purposes. We may also use that information to recognise your computer when you visit our website, and to personalise our website for you. Our advertisers may also send you cookies.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept or block cookies. However, this will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
International data transfers
Information that we collect will be stored and processed on our servers located in the United Kingdom. In addition, information which you provide as part of your profile may be accessed via the internet by our IT and technical partners based in other European Union countries.
Security of your personal information
We take all necessary technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers based in the United Kingdom. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
Updating your personal information
You can update your personal details anytime by emailing [email protected] or phone +44 (0)20 7729 7460.
Viewing and deleting your personal information
You can request copies of any personal information we hold about you or instruct us to delete all personal information we hold about you. Such requests should be by email to [email protected]. We will respond to your request within two working days from receipt.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.